Tuesday 10 July 2012

Mum and Kathryn arrive and work goes well!

Mum and Kathryn have arrived safely! Kara and I went to the airport to pick them up. It was really strange being the one to welcome them, and to see them walking through Bangkok airport. On the way home in the taxi I was trying to remember how I felt the first time I arrived, seeing all the new sights and sounds etc. But it feels like a long time ago.

So yesterday I went to Rainbow house with them and spent the morning there. I don’t really know the runnings of Rainbow house so I didn’t feel like I was much help. But they seemed to think the afternoon went well. They were there again today (I didn’t go, I was at my work) and I think they enjoyed it.

Today has been good fun! Two of the Thai staff weren’t feeling great today. But they pretty much kept their energy levels up all day which was amazing. This morning we sang songs, Thai and English and after snack and shower time we did Tac-Pac which is following a CD and stroking the children with different materials. Some of them fell asleep which is always nice.

Then after lunchtime we took the children to the adventure room in the government building. It was good fun, half the ball pit ended up on the floor. Lay wanted to be squeezed through the window of the castle thing so many times, and as soon as Suchat saw, he wanting a shot too, the only problem being he is just a little bit heavier than Lay! A few of the staff and Alex and I had a ball fight. I missed not having one last week, it was good fun. Though I’ll probably pay for it tomorrow with a sore arm! Just as we were leaving the adventure room one of the boys had a big diarrhoea all over the floor! It stank the place out. And we had planned to take him out after work. And we still did, which I was surprised they still let us take him out.
Lotus climbing the slide


Lay going through the window


Tanapon


Lay giving a massage!

So we went armed with rubber gloves, nappies and a change of clothes. And all was well. We took out Sua, Wollapot and Songpong. Songpong didn’t really enjoy it, he just clung to Naomi for the whole time. But we kind of knew he wasn’t going to enjoy food but at least he came out. Wollapot loved his food! He had double ice cream because Sua didn’t want his! He had a very full tummy after that. And Sua enjoyed himelf!  
Wompaw loving his food :)

Sua having his dinner


Naomi and Song Pom

Joking with the huge spoonful of ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment